Thursday, March 17, 2011

New York-Spring Break 2011

For Spring Break we (me, my mom and the kids) went to New York to visit my sister, Aunt Karrie and her husband, Uncle Kevin!  We had such a great time! We didn't do anything spectacular, but we had a blast just being together!  

After boarding our first flight, I got out my big camera, that I love, to take apicture of the excited kiddos. I turned it on.....nothing happened!  Then I realized that I had left my fully charged battery in the charger...at home! UGh! not a good way to start our trip.  My mom had her camera....in her checked suitcase.  So we didn't get to take any pictures until we got to Aunt Karrie's house.  Here are some pictures from our trip!
Aunt Karrie bought Parker a Dora umbrella, so of course she had to try it out inside!
Bumper cars at the bowling alley! Kegan LOVED it!
Cheering everyone on while bowling!

On Saturday we went to the St Patrick's Day Parade in Albany!

Kegan and Uncle Kevin watched the parade from outside, the girls watched in from inside Starbucks! We had a great view and we didn't freeze our tushie's off!
Parker had too much parade fun!
Kegan and Uncle Kevin having a snowball fight. (Didn't even get a picture of Parker because she was too cold, just like her momma!)

On Monday we were going to go to the Planetarium (Kegan was really looking forward to it.)  When we got there we realized that it was only open Thursday-Sunday. So we went for the next best option.... Chuck-E-Cheese!


We had so much fun at the bowling alley the first time, that we decided to go back on Monday night! Kegan and Parker REALLY enjoyed it and Uncle Kevin got to join us!





 Parker LOVES Uncle Kevin!







 bumper cars AGAIN!
Aunt Karrie even talked the guy into letting Parker take a ride with Uncle Kevin even though she was not tall enough and there was only supposed be one rider per car!  Aunt Karrie is so persuasive!


Air Hockey

Aunt Karrie gave Parker her birthday present, a Little Mommy Bath Time Doll.  So Mimi let her give the doll a bath in the sink with REAL SOAP!

 Aunt Karrie, the political science major, trying to teach Parker (3 years old) the names of the presidents.

Karrie and Kevin have a small car, so in order for us to be able to go places together we had to rent a car.....uh a minivan.  I drove it A LOT. I am embarrassed to say how much I loved it!  It was amazing!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun time was had by all!! and I am glad you LOVED driving that van, they are actually really nice!!!

    ReplyDelete