Saturday, August 25, 2012

Catching up!

I realize it has been SO LONG since my last post, I always mean to post pictures to the blog ,but somehow, I always run out of time. I am going to attempt to catch you up on the past 6 months! And now that I am a stay-at-home-mom, I am REALLY going to try and keep up with it! Here goes....

Book Character day at Kegan's school
I am pretty sure, I had the cutest book character at school that day...just sayin'!
  

 

Easter Egg Hunt 2012
It was our first Easter on our new street (that we ABSOLUTELY LOVE, by the way) so we organized a little block egg hunt .I had the bright idea, that Confetti eggs (cascarones), would be super fun for the kids. This San Antonio Girl thought that Confetti Eggs were super common and you could just go buy them anywhere,  but no one in the DFW area knew what they were or where to get any. My mom and I drove all around town, in search,  and came up with nothing.  SO what do I do..... make them, of course!







 
Baby Burke's Baptism
In April, Keith and Olivia, asked Kyle and I to be Burke's Godparents, we were very excited to accept the honor!
We went to San Antonio for the Baptism, and even got to see Aunt Karrie because she was able to come in town too! We love that sweet baby boy!!


 Parker and Kegan got the honor of carrying the collection basket to the alter, they felt very special!


 
Firefly Run 2012
2 of my friends and I ran in the Firefly Run, which is a night 5k, where everyone wears as much glow and light up things as they can. It was lots of fun!
 
Spring Tea
Parker's school had their annual Spring Tea, where parents are invited to come watch them perform some special songs and view their special artwork!


 Parker and her teacher, Ms. Carm. She  was also Kegan's teacher when he was in the 3 year old class. She is fabulous!

 
Baseball Spring 2012
In the spring, Kegan was on the same team he has been on for a while. It was tee ball/ coaches pitch.  The coach would pitch the ball to the boys 3 times. IF they were unable to hit the ball after 3 pitches then they would hit the ball off of the tee. They are really starting to play well together and are looking forward to the fall where they will be playing "real baseball"  We are so blessed that he is on a team is awesome coaches and great parents that all live in our neighborhood!!





 




 

 

Career Day 2012
Well, somehow I didn't get the notice that the students were supposed to dress up as, what they want to be when they grow up, for Career Day. The night before Career Day, my neighbor asked me to embroider her daughter's lab coat for the following day. That is how I found out that Kegan needed to dress up as what he wanted to be. When I asked him what he wanted to be when he grew up I got, "monster truck driver" and "race car driver". So we went with the next best thing...
 Not sure what we decided he was, president. I think?? Of course he doesn't want to wear a tie, like daddy, when he grows up!
My lil' gymnast!

Kegan's Kindergarten Graduation
It is still hard to believe that Kegan has already completed his first year in Elementary School and is going into the first grade.
 This was the first I had ever heard of Kegan wanting to be a Karate Teacher.  When I asked him why he wanted to be a Karate Teacher, he said because he really wants to be a ninja!
 Kegan's lil' crush! He is super tall for his age and she is taller than him!
 Kegan had a FANTASTIC kindergarten teacher!!Thank you Mrs. Turner!



Baby Maddie's Baptism
In June, Kyle and I were asked to be Maddie's Godparents.
 Molly and I were sorority sisters at A&M

 Proud Mommy and Daddy!


 
 Fourth Of July
We celebrated 4th of July 2 days in a row. Because 4th of July fell during the work week some cities around us had fireworks on July the 3rd. We went with some of our friends, the fireworks were great and the company was even better. The following day we went swimming and went to our neighbors for a bar-b-que and  water balloon fun!

 









 Summer Road Trip 2012
We took our annual summer road trip to go visit my dad in Rockport and then to San Antonio to see our family and friends  AND go to Sea World.  Our pictures from this trip are VERY SPARSE because I brought my camera BUT left the memory card in my computer.  I started taking pictures on my iPhone, then after siting in the SPLASH ZONE at Sea World both Kyle and I phones got wet and refused to work.  Shamu means business!
 ONLY beach pic


 
Parker and I rode the Shamu Express 6 times in a row.  It was a rainy day, so there were no lines!
We went over to my friend Avery's house to visit and swim!
 
 
 
 
 
Lubbock Wedding
 We got invited to a wedding in Lubbock. It was a beautiful wedding and LOTS of fun! Kegan LOVED dancing the night away!
 Family pic! All dressed up!
 I think this might be my all time favorite pic of Grandad and Parker!


My babies dancing together....does it get any sweeter?!
Tooth Fairy....Finally!
Kegan has been dying to lose a tooth for a REALLY LONG TIME! I found a note in his bed one day that said, "Please God let me lose a tooth today or tomorrow." SO cute.  His two front bottom teeth have been loose for quite a while but both were not very close to coming out.   One morning, Kegan came up to me and said, Mommy, I can see my grown up teeth!" I looked in his mouth and sure enough right behind the two loose teeth where his permanent teeth coming through the gums.  I didn't know if this was normal and/or if it was ok to just wait it out or if the baby teeth needed to come out immediately to make sure the permanent teeth grew in properly. I called the dentist and made an appointment to let the dentist check them out. (side note: the whole family goes to The Dental Depot and we absolutely LOVE our dentist, Dr. Kana.)  We went to the dentist and after assessing the situation, he said, "this is completely normal, his baby teeth are pretty loose, so we will just wait for them to fall out and maybe show you some ways to wiggle them out faster." Then he turns and looks at Kegan and says, 'Well, let me ask you, do you want to wait for them to wiggle out or do you want me to help them out?" Kegan got a HUGE smile on his face and said, " I want you to take them out."  He claims it didn't hurt, except for the pinch. He doesn't know that "the pinch" was a needle going into his gums, or it may have hurt a little more.  Don't you wish you were that excited to have dental work or an extraction? He was ALL SMILES the rest of the day and could not wait for the tooth fairy to make her arrival!
 
The tooth fairy brought $6.... $5 for the first tooth and $1 for the second tooth. She also left this note and sprinkled fairy dust all over Kegan's bed and room!
 

Other Summer Pics

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment